The Top Ten Benefits of Moving Analytics to the Cloud
“Move your data analytics to the Cloud”, is a phrase that is becoming more and more common within the business world. But the real question is, should your organization follow the trend?
When deciding if your company should move away from their current on-premises data solution to a new cloud-based system, ask yourself two questions:
- Has your organization ever been hampered when trying to make decisions using relevant and timely data?
- Does it take herculean effort to grow and upgrade your analytics environment to meet your current data and decision-making needs?
If you answered yes to either question, then moving to the cloud may be just the solution your company needs.
The Setbacks of Tradition
Due to the nature of traditional on premises solutions, organizations face significant setbacks when attempting to update or grow their reporting and analytic capabilities. Hardware resources and licensing restrictions often are the cause of these roadblocks, and overcoming them can be costly, time consuming, and cumbersome. In a business world that requires quick and adaptable analytics, this can be detrimental to a company’s decision-making abilities.
Making the Strategic Choice
Moving your organizations reporting and analytics to the cloud presents a host of rapidly achievable opportunities and benefits that enable you to access your data faster and easier, enabling you to make better, more insightful business decisions based of current information.
Top Ten Benefits
Still not convinced. Here are the top ten benefits of moving your organization’s analytics to the cloud, taking advantage of the many offerings available today:
- Converts capital expenditure to operational expenditure. This spreads costs over a longer period of time
- Reduces cost of backups and eliminates the overhead of maintaining backups
- Allows the sharing of licenses across whole organizations, large or small, in accordance with your data governance
- Ensures a common data dictionary so everyone is speaking the same data language
- Creates flexibility and transparency (one-stop shop and one single source of truth)
- Enables connectivity regardless of physical location (including remote work)
- Reduces server downtime
- Drastically simplifies infrastructure administration
- Facilitates agile and cost-effective development environments, leading to faster and better decision making
- Allows pay-as-you-go options when procuring support. You don’t incur costs for unused services
There are myriad practical benefits to be gained by moving your analytics capabilities to the cloud other than simply being up to date with the latest trend. If you are considering migrating your data reporting and analytics solution to the cloud, please contact us.